December 30, 2010

Just a Life Update and Random Favorites

So today was my 18th birthday! It's funny how you look forward to certain events and expect them to feel a certain way, and then it's completely different. But in a good way. I desperately need to finish college applications! I've let them pile up, and now it's going to bite me. I want to go visit an old friend out of town, but I can't if I don't make some progress on college apps, Frankenstein for AP Lit, and The Moonstone for the literature club I lead at school. So much to do! I also have a few posts for this blog I need to write and already have pictures for, as well as needing to take photos for a separate post.

I don't see the posts as a chore though. I really enjoy it, and its a good break. I finally hit 20 followers, which I know isn't huge at all. It's really exciting to me, and I'm crossing my fingers for 50 one day...I don't really know how to make this better or how to get my blog out there (if you have any suggestions, please share!).

For my birthday (please comment if you want photos of a specific item), I received money and an Olay gift set (which comes with a year subscription to Allure!) from my grandparents. From my dad and mom, I received a new hairdryer, a bracelet/cuff with an amber stone, a gold necklace, and the famous House of Harlowe 1960 Stations necklace in Black Resin. It's so beautiful. The BF bought me flowers, some shea-infused socks because I always complain about cold feet, Lindt Dark Chocolate truffles (my favorite), and he made me a beautiful card and a batch of cupcakes. It was so cute. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it hahaha.

My Random Favorites over the holiday:
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley- surprisingly good and easier to read than expected
Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles
Bath and Body Works products in the Dark Kiss and Twilight Woods scents
lipstick
baking
necklaces!!!
Etsy.com
winter discounts
youtube

That's all for now lovelies!

Sincerely and with much love,

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I hope you had a lovely day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting 20 followers! It is a big deal! :) I remember how exciting it was and still is every time someone follows you! :]
    Have a great new year! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!
    Tamera xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tamera's Take and ohyouprettythings!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comment here!

Search This Blog