Is anyone else as excited as I am that it's finally winter? I love everything about winter- brisk air, gloves, scarves, boots, coats, hats, hot chocolate, getting presents (great), giving presents that people really appreciate (better x10000), and just the overall cheer. Of course, in the beauty blogging world, wishlists are extremely popular, so I thought I would share mine. Please enjoy!
While I first found these very strange, I now realize how life-saving they would be, especially the mini Bumpit. The mini ones can be used under bangs pulled back to make that cute little "poof". I also think the larger Bumpits would be fun to play around with. These are affordable and would make a good gift because I previously would not have bought these. However, if the recipient hates to go out of her comfort zone, you should probably skip this.
2) Essie nails polishes
You can never have enough nail polishes. My two favorite brands are Essie and Essence (irronic- "Ess-" begins both). Here are my top picks from the line ( I'm not including the shades I have and love- Shelter Island, Greenport, Island Hopping, and Sexy Divide). These polishes retail at $8.
-"Steel-ing the Scene"
3)Stila Adventurous in Aspen Travel Palette
Stila recently released a series of travel palettes themed around places like Moscow, Paris, Tokyo, etc. Each comes with four eyeshadows and one of their famed covertible color blushes. Adventurous in Aspen's e/s shades are "0.15 oz in Snow Angel (shimmering heather gray), Icicles (blue), Glisten (shimmering gold), and Ajax (black with gold sparkle), and the blush is in "Rosy (rose pink)." (source: Sephora.com)
4) Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight
This is the famed gloss that Kim Kardashian usually wears in photos and is very complimentary on most skintones (or so they say). I'd like to give it a whirl. This would need to got to a friend who like makeup, or she might feel jipped. One lipgloss is $24.
(source: Google Images)
5) Nars Beauty in a Box
"This set contains:
- Essential Eye Palette - 5 x 0.05 oz Eyeshadow in Night Star (sheer peach with gold pearls), Galapagos (rich bronze with gold flecks), Nepal (rose with shimmer), Ondine (plum with gold shimmer), Thunderball (midnight gray) plus 0.03 oz Cream Shadow in Unconditional Love (peach beige shimmer)
- 0.28 oz Lip Gloss in Ophelia (strawberry nectar)
- 0.14 oz mini Multiple in Orgasm (peachy pink shimmer)
- 0.08 oz mini Bronzer in Laguna (brown with golden shimmer)" (source: sephora.com)
Ooh la la! I don't even know what to say about it. It's perfect! (except for the price- $69)