October 14, 2010

Book Chat: The Prophecy of Sisters

So do you see what I meant by my list of "intended" posts? I think I jinxed myself by posting that, because this week has been one of the worst school weeks ever. Overload. I've just felt really defeated and haven't been getting more than a few hours of sleep each night. (Alright the pity party's over now. Sorry guys.)

This post may be the first of several over the future of this blog. I absolutely love to read. I'll devour any book you place in front of me. I just have an insatiable hunger for story. I share makeup and creative things, so does anyone mind if I share when I read a really good book (or see a really good movie/show or hear a really good artist)? I hope not.

The book in reference is called The Prophecy of Sisters.
Here's the summary from http://www.hachettebookgroup.com:
"An ancient prophecy divides two sisters.
One good. One evil.Only one will prevail...
Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become fierce enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in an age-old battle that could have consequences of biblical proportions." 
When I first read about this book, I thought "typical, boring, pathetic", but I was wrong. While this novel's characters and setting do heavily resemble those in Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle Trilogy (A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, and The Sweet Far Thing), the story and plot is unique to any others I have read (and fantasy/historical fiction is my favorite genre). Fans of Libba Bray will enjoy this greatly. After finishing the A Sweet Far Thing, I still wanted to read more of her writing. Michelle Zink, author of P.o.S., offers a good option. So check it out. 
Rating: 4.5/5


1 comment:

  1. great post! Also, i'm having my first giveaway that you might be interested in, here's the link if you are:
    http://pretty--wonderful.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Enter comment here!

Search This Blog