November 25, 2010

Nail Trend: Steely-Blue Nails

According to an article called "Will You Wear...: Steely-Blue Nails" in the December 2010 issue of Vogue magazine, many at Vogue have moved on from the "concrete/mushroom polish trend". Their newest love is blue. "Not navy-black (been there), not surf-punk neon (done that), but something veering between molten silver-gray and shimmering graphite." The article states that this is very inspired by all the metallics in NYC.

Personally, I am very excited about this. I have loved gunmetal and those "slate-blue" shades for at least two years if not more. In fact, it's always been one of my favorite shades for its depth and "simple complexity" (if that makes sense to anyone but me haha). My favorite converses are this color, and so is my favorite nail polish (what this post is mainly about) which I bought two years ago and is still going strong, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in 42 Gunmetal. Here's a look:

What do you think? Are you getting tired of the beige (etc.) nail trend? Will you try the gray-blue spectrum for fall?

Love, 
Melissa the Dilettante

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comment here!

Search This Blog