November 15, 2010

Beauty Questions: Orange Makeup?


I'm all for interpreting makeup differently, yet this photo from Givenchy's Spring 2011 Line scares me a little. Surprisingly, I would have assumed that orange eyeshadow would only look good on brown eyes, but it emphasizes this model's green eyes. Still, I can't imagine this being wearable especially not the lip and eye combo. However, a toned down version would certainly be a good way to play around with this look. What I do love in this photo is the dark powder liner applied only to the model's lower lashline. I would not have tried this, and I really think it looks great. The orange lips are a pass for me, because as most in the beauty world know, orange undertone make teeth look yellow and blue undertones make teeth look whiter. I wouldn't want my teeth to look yellow.

Will you be trying this trend this spring?

3 comments:

  1. i think this would look better with varied makeup choices--like not both orange shadow and orange lips.

    Please enter my Lanvin, Jewelry & Makeup (and nail polishes) holiday giveaway on my blog!

    http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2010/11/holiday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, it is a little bit scary for me as well, but I must admit I am not a big fan of the orange colour in general.
    I will skip this!
    Great blog!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cheryl: I'm following and I entered. Thanks!

    @ Catanya: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comment here!

Search This Blog