September 28, 2010

Rimmel London, Wet n Wild, and Maybelline Haul

First off, I'm so glad to be back to blogging! Makeup is truly my biggest form of expression, and writing is my second. So blogging is the perfect marriage of my creative interests! I had the opportunity to pick a few things up from Walmart today (my mom sent me to buy dog food, and this is the result). I'll divide this post by product category. There will not be a full review on each product on this post, but when I make a look with each one in the latter part of this week and next, be ready for an accompanying full review. P.S. Maybelline The Falsies will get its own separate review post. Here we go:

~Eyeshadow~
So I'll let you in on what started my whole adventure (besides going to buy dog food)- I have been coveting the Sweet Joy eyeshadow from MAC's Venomous Villains collection since I first read Temptalia's teaser post a month (months?) ago. But after seeing swatches of it, it really disappointed me. It just looks like a vanilla creme. I wanted a pale yellow gold. When I saw Rimmel London had repackaged its quads in much sleeker packaging (don't worry- you'll see it below), I took a closer look and realized that the 019 Sun Safari quad had a color that directly resembled Sweet Joy, but with shimmer.
Left-Right: Rimmel London 019 Sun Safari  Glam'Eyes Quad and 249 Wet n Wild Vanity Coloricon palette
Let me also mention that the WnW products from this haul actually came from my "side" trip to Walgreens today (they have WnW 50% off!!!). What I didn't realize when I bought the WnW palette on the way home from Walmart is that the upper right color also (if not better) resembles Sweet Joy. Both these palettes are very slightly more copper than the photo presents. Very slightly. Mostly noticeable in the two side shades of Sun Safari and the middle right shade of Vanity. Every other shadow is dead on, I would say. 
Swatches
Hopefully you can see all the shades. My camera isn't very good at capturing swatches. And of course, my skin color didn't change between photos, I just chose the lighting that most closely represented the true to life shade. My favorite shades from these are the Sweet Joy similars (not exact :( ) and the bottomright shade of the WnW palette.

I also bough a Rimmel London Glam'Eyes Trio in 750 Tempting

The bottom most shade is Rimmel London Glam'Eyes  Mono in Glam Ice. I wanted to show that the white in the trio is not the same. I like the mono white more, but I didn't purchase the trio for the white. And look at what they do on the back of the package now (this is actually for the quad but it's on the trio too with different instructions).

I have one complaint about the trio which I'll mention in my review again, and that is that I don't appreciate that the largest shadow is the dark one. In the old trios, you received ( I don't like the word "got". Is that weird?) three equal size shadows. :( I'd also like to mention that just because the quad is recommended for blue eyes and the trio is recommended for brown, it's not a law. I have green eyes, and I bought a green quad. So what? Have fun. Bend the rules. That's what cosmetics is all about.

Wnw  Coloricon Single in Nutty
I love taupes, but then again most people do. Lose a mark for individuality
And here it is in comparison to other taupes I own. L-R: NYX Iced Mocha, Wnw Nutty, Urban Decay Underground, below Iced Mocha is the taupe shade from the Rimmel Quad.

~Mascara~
I bought The Falsies, but everyone knows what that looks like. More on it in another post.

~Lipstick~
Maybelline Color Sensational in 155 Party Pink (pink family)

It is a cool-toned raspberry pink. A little deeper than the second swatch (from http://themakeupsnob.com/2009/09/maybelline-color-sensational-swatches/) and a little pinker than the first. It's so pretty. I really wanted a medium toned berry lipstick for fall. This one is perfect and is also my first from the Color Sensation line.

~Hair~
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
I heard and read so many good things about it that I just had to try it. I'm always on the quest for softer hair.

So that's all for now. I hope you enjoyed, and keep your eyes open for upcomping reviews and makeup looks for all of these products. If you have any questions about the products that you would specifically like answered in the review, comment below. Also, please comment if you have any suggestions for future posts or how I can make this blog better, more relevant, or more interesting to you! Thanks.
Love,
Melissa the Beauty Dilettante


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comment here!

Search This Blog